Using an RPT
Using an RPT
— by Wes Flinn RPT
Here is a BIG tip:
— Whether you are
Finding, Pricing, Buying
or Selling a piano:
Use an “RPT” to help you !!
In the piano industry, “RPT” is the same as “PhD” in the educational and business industries. They are certified and credentialed by the national Piano Technicians Guild – see link below.
RPTs are the teachers of Piano Technology in PTG, the national Piano Technicians Guild. They are also:
• the technology consultants to piano manufacturers
• the servicers for piano dealers
• the servicers for personal piano owners
• the servicers of pianos for educational and religious institutions
• technicians for concert venues throughout the entire world
RPTs” by Zip Code is available on the Piano Technicians Guild website:
• All acoustical pianos, whether bought or sold, will need to be tuned in their new location, after they are delivered
• All acoustical pianos both play and tune according to the condition they are in, and very few pianos either new or used will be found in very good condition — this one fact is reason enough to acquire the services of an RPT ( “Registered Piano Technician” ) to inspect a piano before it is bought or sold so you can deal with the problems in a cost-effective way
• These three points above are just a start in the issues that an RPT can clear up for you, and save you endless hassle and grief in a piano transaction!